Founded in Rome in 2021, Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start-up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers. Wallife is the first company in the world able to provide answers on security and protection of the individual from unknown risks, which to date operates in three areas of research (Biometrics, Genetics, Biohacking). The objective of Wallife is to protect the individual for the entire span of his existence and beyond. Studying the changing landscape, in view of the incremental potential of science and technology, Wallife investigates the new risks, new problems, and unprecedented criticalities to which human beings could - or may - be exposed. Areas of strong interest include genetic manipulation, biohacking, and the use of digital data. In addition to investigating new and emerging risks, Wallife's goal is to design innovative insurance products to address existing and known risks that are not covered by currently available offerings.
Wallife is growing fast: we’re looking for extraordinarily talented people to be part of this journey as we develop new products and open new markets. We’re in search of global talent ready to empower our business and be a leader of change and innovation. Are you thrilled to be part of this innovative reality and to be able to make a huge impact on this journey? Bring your own challenge and idea: join our team!
Job Mission and Objectives
The position is a newly created Security Engineer, which will take a key role in the development of our products. Moreover, he/she will also secure our infrastructure, execute risk assessment and put in place measures to control vulnerable areas, both in the infrastructure as well as in the products. In this light, you strive to ensure that any information that could damage the reputation or finances of the company or of our customers does not fall into the wrong hands.
In this role, you will support the enterprise strategy and endeavor to deliver secure products. You will be an internal and external evangelist for the product security set and will impact how to keep Wallife competitive in the insurtech market, to continue providing innovative solutions.
- Lead the design and delivery of the security functionalities of the products
- Researching the company's system, network structure, and possible penetration sites
- Conducting multiple penetration tests on the infrastructure and products
- Identifying and recording security flaws and breaches
- Identifying areas of high-level security
- Creating suggestions for security upgrades
- Compiling penetration test reports
- STEM degree (MSc or MBA a plus)
- CEH certification is a plus
- 8+ years of professional work experience building or working in cyber security Advanced knowledge of networking systems and security software Knowledge of security applied to blockchain and cryptography
- In-depth knowledge of parameter manipulation, session hijacking, and cross-site scripting Technical knowledge of routers, firewalls, and server systems
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Ability to see big-picture system flaws
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Develop new and innovative strategies to enable the identification of problems Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Fluent in English (other European languages a plus)
Wallife is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on origin, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Your contribution to the company will influence our organization as our mission is to serve thousands of customers and become a leading player in the insurtech industry
- We develop our own products; we move fast to deliver great things
- We use the most disruptive and modern technology to pursue our mission of creating innovative insurance products
- Hybrid or remote working: choose where you want to work! We’d be happy to have you in our newly decorated technology hub in the heart of Zurich. Our workplace truly embodies our desire for exploration and discovery, offering a bright and vibrant environment to encourage creative and positive thinking.
- We’re an international, high-profile team working for a common mission
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse workplace, where every voice is heard and valued
- Flat hierarchy limited internal politics and bureaucracy and the ability to get things done