Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers.
We’re seeking a fullstack engineer who is ready to work with new technologies and architectures in a forward-thinking organization that’s always pushing boundaries. Here, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back end languages. You’ll be joining a team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front end and back end architecture, and ultimately, deliver amazing global user experiences.
You will be an internal and external evangelist for the product and will impact how to keep Wallife competitive in the insurtech market, to continue providing innovative solutions.
This role is a tremendous opportunity to contribute to the development and rollout of the products and requires someone with the strong motivation and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment which is innovative and fast growing.
What will do
- Responsible for the delivery of advanced technology development and innovative functionalities, development of new technology proofs-of-concept and feasibility assessments of emerging technologies spanning multiple disciplines of engineering and applied science.
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth.
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements.
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualisation to deployment.
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design.
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning opportunitiesEffectively communicate (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels.
You'll be great for this role
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 3+ years of experience building software applications
- Experience building web applications
- Experience designing and integrating RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of React, NodeJS and TypeScript
- Practical experience with utilising AWS services
- Excellent debugging and optimisation skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
- Profound understanding of standard software development paradigms, such as OOP and functional
- High awareness and execution of clean code (SOLID) practices
- The ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment
- You are collaborative and a team player.
- You have close attention to detail when implementing designs.
Nice to Haves
- High interest in open source, side projects, or similar activity is a plus.
- High interest in cloud platforms and IoT is a plus.
Why you should join Wallife
- We are a true tech company
- You can truly create your own path here and help us shape the future of insurance
- We get together regularly for breakfasts, team events, office parties, and sports
- You’ll receive support for your individual development, attending conferences and external training
- We offer a corporate pension scheme, generous days’ paid leave, and other great benefits
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family, and even your pets