Founded in Rome in 2021, Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start-up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers. Wallife is the first company in the world able to provide answers on security and protection of the individual from unknown risks, which to date operates in three areas of research (Biometrics, Genetics, Biohacking). The objective of Wallife is to protect the individual for the entire span of his existence and beyond. Studying the changing landscape, in view of the incremental potential of science and technology, Wallife investigates the new risks, new problems, and unprecedented criticalities to which human beings could - or may - be exposed. Areas of strong interest include genetic manipulation, biohacking, and the use of digital data. In addition to investigating new and emerging risks, Wallife's goal is to design innovative insurance products to address existing and known risks that are not covered by currently available offerings.
Wallife is growing fast: we’re looking for extraordinarily talented people to be part of this journey as we develop new products and open new markets. We’re in search of global talent ready to empower our business and be a leader of change and innovation. Are you thrilled to be part of this innovative reality and to be able to make a huge impact on this journey? Bring your own challenge and idea: join our team!
Job Mission and Objectives
The position is a newly created Speaker Recognition Engineer, which will take a key role in the development of our product’s signature feature. With a strong background in processing signal and audio tasks and developing speech recognition algorithms, you will ensure secure, fast, and efficient digital transactions.
- You will be responsible for the design, development, testing and deployment of advanced solutions and deep learning algorithms for speaker recognition and models that can perform topic and keyword detection and machine learning translations from audio tasks.
- You will be working with other developer team members and will be responsible for communicating with the team on a regular basis.
- You will keep the team updated about the advancements of the project, as well as any issues that may arise, and work with the developer team to design and deploy new solutions for these issues.
- You will also work with the developer team to anticipate bottlenecks in order to mitigate the risks and ensure that the project runs smoothly.
- A Master’s or higher in Technology, Computational Linguistics, Data Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in speech technology (such as Speech Data, Feature Extraction, Signal Processing, and related)
- Experience using ASR Software – such as Kaldi
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English language
- Knowledge of command lines and experience with Python, or a similar programming language Strong team-working skills (especially within a remote work setting)
- A positive attitude towards new challenges
- Experience of developing and/or implementing Deep Neural Networks or other Machine Learning techniques
Wallife is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on origin, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Your contribution to the company will influence our organization as our mission is to serve thousands of customers and become a leading player in the insurtech industry
- We develop our own products; we move fast to deliver great things
- We use the most disruptive and modern technology to pursue our mission of creating innovative insurance products
- Hybrid or remote working: choose where you want to work! We’d be happy to have you in our newly decorated technology hub in the heart of Zurich. Our workplace truly embodies our desire for exploration and discovery, offering a bright and vibrant environment to encourage creative and positive thinking
- We’re an international, high-profile team working for a common mission
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse workplace, where every voice is heard and valued
- Flat hierarchy limited internal politics and bureaucracy and the ability to get things done