Founded in Rome in 2021, Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start-up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers. Wallife is the first company in the world able to provide answers on security and protection of the individual from unknown risks, which to date operates in three areas of research (Biometrics, Genetics, Biohacking). The objective of Wallife is to protect the individual for the entire span of his existence and beyond. Studying the changing landscape, in view of the incremental potential of science and technology, Wallife investigates the new risks, new problems, and unprecedented criticalities to which human beings could - or may - be exposed. Areas of strong interest include genetic manipulation, biohacking, and the use of digital data. In addition to investigating new and emerging risks, Wallife's goal is to design innovative insurance products to address existing and known risks that are not covered by currently available offerings.
Wallife is growing fast: we’re looking for extraordinarily talented people to be part of this journey as we develop new products and open new markets. We’re in search of global talent ready to empower our business and be a leader of change and innovation. Are you thrilled to be part of this innovative reality and to be able to make a huge impact on this journey? Bring your own challenge and idea: join our team!
Job Mission and Objectives
As a Full Stack Engineer, you will take complete, end-to-end ownership of projects across the entire stack. Our ideal candidate has experience building products across the stack and a firm understanding of web frameworks, APIs, databases, and multiple back-end languages. You’ll be joining a team working at the forefront of new technology, solving the challenges that impact both the front-end and back-end architecture, and ultimately, delivering unique global user experiences. You will be an internal and external evangelist for the product and will impact how to keep Wallife competitive in the Insurtech market, to continue providing innovative solutions. This role is a tremendous opportunity to contribute to the development and rollout of the products. It requires someone with a strong motivation and desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment that is innovative and fast-growing.
- Responsible for the delivery of advanced technology development and innovative functionalities, development of new technology proofs-of-concept, and feasibility assessments of emerging technologies spanning multiple disciplines of engineering and applied science
- Work across the full stack, building highly scalable distributed solutions that enable positive user experiences and measurable business growth
- Develop new features and infrastructure development in support of rapidly emerging business and project requirements
- Assume leadership of new projects from conceptualization to deployment
- Ensure application performance, uptime, and scale, maintaining high standards of code quality and thoughtful application design
- Work with agile development methodologies, adhering to best practices and pursuing continued learning app opportunities, and effectively communicate (verbally and written) with internal and external stakeholders across all levels
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or engineering
- 2+ years of experience building software applications
- Experience building web applications
- Excellent debugging and optimization skills
- Unit/integration testing experience
Wallife is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on origin, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Your contribution to the company will influence our organization as our mission is to serve thousands of customers and become a leading player in the insurtech industry
- We are a true tech company
- We develop our own products we move fast to deliver great things
- We use the most disruptive and modern technology to pursue our mission of creating innovative insurance products
- Hybrid or remote working: choose where you want to work! We’d be happy to have you in our newly decorated and colorful technology hub in the heart of Zurich. Our workplace truly embodies our desire for exploration and discovery, offering a bright and vibrant environment to encourage creative and positive thinking
- We’re an international, high-profile team working for a common mission
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse workplace, where every voice is heard and valued
- Flat hierarchy limited internal politics and bureaucracy and the ability to get things done
- You’ll receive a budget for your individual development and external training
- We offer a corporate pension scheme generous days’ paid leave and other great benefits
- We offer visa and relocation support for you, your family and even your pets