Founded in Rome in 2021, Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start-up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers. Wallife is the first company in the world able to provide answers on security and protection of the individual from unknown risks, which to date operates in three areas of research (Biometrics, Genetics, Biohacking). The objective of Wallife is to protect the individual for the entire span of his existence and beyond. Studying the changing landscape, in view of the incremental potential of science and technology, Wallife investigates the new risks, new problems, and unprecedented criticalities to which human beings could - or may - be exposed. Areas of strong interest include genetic manipulation, biohacking, and the use of digital data. In addition to investigating new and emerging risks, Wallife's goal is to design innovative insurance products to address existing and known risks that are not covered by currently available offerings.
Wallife is growing fast: we’re looking for extraordinarily talented people to be part of this journey as we develop new products and open new markets. We’re in search of global talent ready to empower our business and be a leader of change and innovation. Are you thrilled to be part of this innovative reality and to be able to make a huge impact on this journey? Bring your own challenge and idea: join our team!
Job Mission and Objectives
The position is a newly created Head of Blockchain Engineering, which will take a key role in the development of our products. You design, implement and distribute a secure blockchain-based network. You will be analyzing our blockchain needs, designing customized blockchain technologies, and launching and maintaining our blockchain network. To ensure success in the role, you should possess extensive knowledge of programming languages used for blockchain development and experience in cryptography. With your expertise, you will ensure secure, fast, and efficient digital transactions.
- Collaborating with managers to determine blockchain technology needs and envisaged functionalities
- Creating application features and interfaces by using programming languages and writing multithreaded codes
- Applying the latest cryptology techniques to protect digital transaction data against cyberattacks and information hacks
- Maintaining client and server-side applications
- Optimizing and securing blockchain applications by integrating new tools and technologies
- Educating sales personnel on blockchain features
- Documenting blockchain development processes and complying with best practices in data protection
- Keeping up with current blockchain technologies and cryptography methods
- Build a team of Blockchain Engineers
- Bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, or related (MSc or MBA a plus)
- At least 4 years of experience as a blockchain engineer
- Advanced proficiency in programming languages, such as C#, Java, and Python
- Superb organizational skills and keen attention to detail
- Familiarity with peer to peer networks
- Excellent communication and collaboration abilities
- Willing to roll up your sleeves and get things done
- Fluent in English (other European languages a plus)
Wallife is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on origin, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Your contribution to the company will influence our organization as our mission is to serve thousands of customers and become a leading player in the insurtech industry
- We develop our own products we move fast to deliver great things
- We use the most disruptive and modern technology to pursue our mission of creating innovative insurance products
- Hybrid or remote working: choose where you want to work! We’d be happy to have you in our newly decorated and colorful technology hub in the heart of Zurich. Our workplace truly embodies our desire for exploration and discovery, offering a bright and vibrant environment to encourage creative and positive thinking
- We’re an international, high-profile team working for a common mission
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse workplace, where every voice is heard and valued
- Flat hierarchy limited internal politics and bureaucracy and the ability to get things done