Founded in Rome in 2021, Wallife is an emerging, disruptive start-up in the insurtech industry providing advanced services and products to its customers. Wallife is the first company in the world able to provide answers on security and protection of the individual from unknown risks, which to date operates in three areas of research (Biometrics, Genetics, Biohacking). The objective of Wallife is to protect the individual for the entire span of his existence and beyond. Studying the changing landscape, in view of the incremental potential of science and technology, Wallife investigates the new risks, new problems, and unprecedented criticalities to which human beings could - or may - be exposed. Areas of strong interest include genetic manipulation, biohacking, and the use of digital data. In addition to investigating new and emerging risks, Wallife's goal is to design innovative insurance products to address existing and known risks that are not covered by currently available offerings.
Wallife is growing fast: we’re looking for extraordinarily talented people to be part of this journey as we develop new products and open new markets. We’re in search of global talent ready to empower our business and be a leader of change and innovation. Are you thrilled to be part of this innovative reality and to be able to make a huge impact on this journey? Bring your own challenge and idea: join our team!
Job Mission and Objectives
As a key member of the engineering and technology team, the Head of DevOps & Infrastructure will be in charge of leveraging DevOps to continuously improve Developer Enablement and Efficiency across the business. This means managing repeatable, recoverable and scalable AWS cloud infrastructure and tooling with an interface that allows us to gradually shift responsibilities and capabilities from central Operations teams to the Development teams (“You build it, you run it, you own it”).
This role is an opportunity to make an impact and lift your career aspirations within a fast-growing, innovative, inclusive, and ethical business. As a naturally driven and inspirational leader, you welcome and expect outstanding performance from every member of the team. You love creative solutions and enjoy a vibrant and flexible working environment.
Sounds like a match? Let’s talk and see what we can come up with together!
Are you truly able to quickly recognize opportunities and apply expertise to deliver scalable solutions mastering a fast-paced environment to manage and motivate our growing team with passion? Naturally, you think in innovative ways and are open to new ideas and approaches.
- You will be the champion for DevOps at Wallife and help build the technological foundations to support Wallife growth plans and enable development teams to be more successful
- You are in charge of developing, driving, aligning, implementing the central roadmap of our cloud-based infrastructure platform
- You will be serving as a focal point for the team of DevOps engineers and provide technical vision, leadership and mentorship
- You will collaborate with product engineering and architecture teams to pursue highly available and reliable systems, ensuring optimal and consistent performance and platform uptime
- You will be tasked with managing relationships with third-party vendors in order to provide the best possible uptime of our platform and also manage and optimize cloud infrastructure and services budget
- You will also work closely with Data Engineering to optimize cloud infrastructure performance and scalability
- You are hands-on and be directly involved in solving challenging technical problems
- Your work will help evolve existing structures and thought processes to enable autonomously teams and a “shift-left” mindset in general.
- You have a bachelor's degree in information security, computer science, or related (MSc or Ph.D. a plus)
- You are passionate about and have a deep understanding of DevOps, including existing and emerging DevOps trends and technologies and best practices
- You previously ran DevOps culture organizations and have proven experience in managing and developing a team of high performing DevOps engineers
- You are comfortable managing ambiguity in our structure, leading change, aligning stakeholders, and helping the team do the same delivering world-class results
- You have excellent communication skills and know-how to achieve success and buy-in through influence
- You’re a leader who balances pragmatism with visionary leadership
- You thrive on driving things forward and delivering impact. You have an energetic and entrepreneurial spirit
- You have experience with enabling autonomous teams by shared processes and modular shared infrastructure as code
- You have a good understanding of distributed systems architecture, cloud engineering environments (AWS, GCP) and container technologies (Docker and Kubernetes)
- You are proficient in logging-, monitoring- and alerting approaches for highly available systems
- You have experience with automation tools (Terraform, Ansible, Packer, or similar)
- You have experience with CI/CD tools like Jenkins, ArgoCD, Github, others
- You have a good understanding of network and systems security
Wallife is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on origin, religion, colour, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, pregnancy, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.
- Your contribution to the company will influence our organization as our mission is to serve thousands of customers and become a leading player in the insurtech industry
- We develop our own products; we move fast to deliver great things
- We use the most disruptive and modern technology to pursue our mission of creating innovative insurance products
- Hybrid or remote working: choose where you want to work! We’d be happy to have you in our newly decorated technology hub in the heart of Zurich. Our workplace truly embodies our desire for exploration and discovery, offering a bright and vibrant environment to encourage creative and positive thinking
- We’re an international, high-profile team working for a common mission
- We encourage an inclusive and diverse workplace, where every voice is heard and valued
- Flat hierarchy limited internal politics and bureaucracy and the ability to get things done